If you are tired of pests, London Pest control specialists cah help you in this.
The most common pest control services will help you to get rid of variety of insects, rodents and others, such as:
- Carpeet beetles
- Birds etc.
Report first to pest control London services.
If you have a pest problem you need to contact one of your local pest conrol specialists in London. They will take all necessary steps to get rid of them. If you need to take control of larger animals (rabbits, squirrels, moles, foxes and deer ) it would be better to require first via website or telephone as not all the pest control London specialists can deal with this.
How to differentiate mice from rats?
Mice cannot be seen during the day time, as they are mostly active at nights. Their nests are usually loose, look like a ball and made from material like paper. Sometimes small dropping and some nibbled food can be found around.
Signs of rats are very similar as they are also active at night time but rats always leave their droppings near any food sources which is the most common sing of them. Also, burrows/holes and nests can be found along with the evidence of tracks and gnawing.
Rats and mice can easily spread the infections and deseases which can be passed to humans and sometimes can be fatal to them. They contaminate the environment with their urine, droppings and hair either through surfaces or by direct contamination of food with droppings and urine.
Rats for example can damage property and can cause problems by gnawing electric cables and wires which can lead to a fire. Weil’s desease can be passed be them and it can be fatal to humans.
Simple reccomendations can help you to reduce the chances of rats and mice breed. They are the following:
- Store the food in the tight containers, and pests would not have access to the food sources
- Improve hygiene by sweeping up any spills and crumbs and this will restrict the availability of food for mice and rats
- Remove all the rubbish
- Clean under the work units as very often food debris can be found in there
Blocking access points to your home
- Never block air bricks
- Doors should be fitted tightly
- Make sure there are no access points to gas, electricity and water pipes
- Cone guards (can be found in local warehouse or DIY store) fitted around the bottom of drainpipes can prevent rats from climbing up
- Metal balloon guards which can be bought from your local hardware store can prevent them climbing inside by fitting them at the bottom of the drainpipes
Take control of mice either by trapping or poison baiting.
Control of rats can be done by finding the places they are living, feeding and drinking and the routes between them.
You need to look for:
- Burrows or holes
- Runs and tracks
- Musky smell
- Sightings etc.
It is better to find out first how the rats are getting into the place you live. Simply block with the newspaper any holes and come back in 24 hours in order to have a look which holes have been re-opened. And after preventative measures by permanently blocking the holes can be taken.